Most people think of Las Vegas as a place for gambling and a wild nightlife for adults. That is true, but there is also a lot to do for kids as well. Here are some tips for entertaining the kids on a trip there, but ways to still have some adult time for yourself.
- Circus Circus Hotel and Casino – The hotel itself is pretty average, but it holds large arcade and amusement rides for the kids. You can let them run wild while you get a little slot machine time in for yourself.
- Take a trip to the Hoover Dam and Lake Mead – There are tours to see the inner workings of one of the world’s largest and most famous dams. The lake has lots of activities such as boating and swimming.
- Hire a babysitting service or make use of the ones provided by many hotels. Las Vegas is full of reputable care services for children and babies. Many have so many fun activities that the kids may not want to leave. Services are even available for non-English speaking kids and ones with special needs. They are available 24-7.
- Keep your sanity by having a little “me” time. Head to one of Las Vegas’ spas or salons, to get pampered. It is a great activity to beat the mid-day heat. Here is a convenient list of Salons to save you some money.
- Go see a show. Among the headliners playing Vegas at any one time, many will be family friendly shows. For example Cirque Du Soleil puts on a tremendous show every day of the week.
- Drop the kids at “Kid’s Quest,” which has several Las Vegas locations. Kids are divided into groups of 6 wks – 30 months old and 30 months to 12 years old. They have arts and crafts, video games, karaoke, wii games and a gym, a science lab and kitchen, mazes, a construction zone for building toys and more. They are open from 10am until 1 or 2 am. You just pay by the hour and they will feed the kids as well. Then you can run off and play yourself, child free in the adult wonderland of Vegas.
They say “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.” But your kids will have so much fun they will be bragging to all their friends back home about what a wonderful time they had on their Las Vegas trip.